This guide is for any race as it is just a training guide on how to level up on StarCraft 2. Starting out with SC2 you need to try all races so you can try to feel which race / which races macro mechanic you feel most comfortable with. Once you find out which race / which macro mechanic you are most comfortable with then you pick 1 race, and stay with this race through thick and thin. The only time you consider changing race is after a very long time with 1 race. The only time you play off races is in team play or ffa / non ladder games. Stick to doing basic SAFE opening builds with each race.
Safe opening build order examples for Starcraft 2 :
- 13 Pool - Gas
- 16 Queen
- 18 Overlord / Roach Den / Roaches
- Expand if possible, if opponent is going to 3rax / 2gate then dont, (dont do this in ZvZ normally, only on some maps like desert oasis)
- Continue producing Roaches, if you expand you need to tech for hydralisks as soon as possible.
- 9 Pylon
- 13 gate, gas , core, (cannon if you are against Terran or Zerg, because 1 cannon is effective)
- 2nd gate , 2nd gas (Produce 2-3 zealots meanwhile )
- 18 Robotics Facility, start warpgates immediatly when gateways finish.
- *Start immortal* immediatly when robotics facility finishes, build atleast 2 immortals, then move to colossus , meanwhile decide for timing attack or expanding pending on what the opponent is doing.
- 10 Depot
- 12 Barracks / nonstop scv pump / gas / orbital command immediate after barracks / 1 marine
- 16 2nd depot / Tech Lab on Barracks and pump marauders from 1 barracks
- Build 2nd barracks , Mule when Orbital command finishes. Reactor on 2nd barracks and pump 2 marine / 1 marauder nonstop
- Then factory -> starport / medivak or Siege Tank
- Expand with M&M&M (marine / marauder / medivac) or go for timing push once you have 2 Medivacs and the non-stop M&M pump.
From here on out we need to practice nonstop and view the replays from our losses so we can improve and find better build orders / improve on ourselves and the rest of the community. Fighting...!!
I suggest 20+ games a day at least if you want to progress quickly
Source : Sc2 training guide
Also feel free to apply to Cybernetic Punks Starcraft 2 division here